BeingFrugal.net was founded in 2007 by Lynnae McCoy, a homeschooling, Christian wife and mom of two who was dedicated to frugal living in order to get out of debt.
Who Am I?
- The Short Version: I’m a Christian wife and mother trying to get out of debt.
- The Longer Version: I’ve been married for 14 years and have two children, a daughter and a son. I started racking up debt in college, when I applied for my first credit card on campus the first week of school. My husband and I added to my debt after we got married. We’ve finally woken up and decided it’s time to get out of debt for good. Our goal is to get out of debt by the end of June 2011. If you’re interested in the super-long story, I have an entire page dedicated to it.
What Do I Believe About Debt?
- The Short Version: It’s bad. Very, very bad.
- The Longer Version: Credit card debt is bad. Nobody should have it. Car loan debt is bad. We have always paid cash for our cars (yes, we have done something right). Student loan debt is questionable. I’m going to encourage my kids to try to find other options. Mortgages are OK if you do them right. Put a big chunk of money down, don’t bite off more than you can chew, don’t take out a HELOC, and pay it off as quickly as possible.
What Do I Think About Getting Out of Debt?
- The Short Version: We can do it! You can too!
- The Longer Version: Most people can get out of debt if they really want to. It’s not easy though. The best way to get out of debt is to increase your income and decrease your spending. Because I’m a stay at home mom, and my husband and I both agree that’s what I need to be doing right now, I focus on decreasing spending. I’m already a fairly frugal person, but I know I can still learn a lot. And that’s what this blog is about. Me learning to be more frugal. And hopefully my readers will learn as well. And then we can learn from each other’s experiences.
Why Do I Blog?
- The Short Version: I enjoy it.
- The Long Version: I started this blog as a way to hold myself accountable for the financial decisions I make. In the short amount of time I’ve been blogging, my blog has grown to be far more than that. My readers keep my accountable for my decisions, and they’ve given me great tips on ways to become more frugal. I really enjoy interacting with my readers and visiting their blogs to see how they’re doing also. I love that there are so many bloggers working to get out of debt. It’s a very worthwhile goal! You can read more about why I blog in this post.
Am I an Expert?
- The Short Version: No.
- The Longer Version: No, I’m just a mom trying to live as frugally as I can. While it’s possible you may learn a few things by reading my blog, if you need financial advice, please see a professional. I’m learning as I go, and I’ve been known to make mistakes. I prefer that my mistakes don’t turn into your mistakes.
How Can You Get In Touch With Me?
- Email me at email@example.com.
- Connect with me on social networks:
So now you know a little bit about me. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me. I promise I don’t bite! And if you never want to miss one of my blog posts, consider subscribing to my RSS Feed.
Disclaimer and Legal Mumbo Jumbo
I'm just an average mom, trying to live a frugal life and get out of debt. I write about things that have (and haven't) worked to improve my family's financial situation. What works for me may or may not work for you, and you should always consult a financial advisor before making important financial decisions.
In accordance with FTC guidelines, I state that I have a financial relationship with companies mentioned in this website. This may include receiving access to free products and services for product and service reviews and giveaways.
Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. I do my best to maintain current information, but due to the rapidly changing environment, some information may have changed since it was published. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.