Here is a frozen coffee recipe from our reader, Robert Johnson:
|Dutch Bros-Like Blended Frozen Coffee Recipe||
- 1 tray of small ice cubes
- 1 cup of milk (slightly less than 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of Caffe D’Amore Mocha Frappe Freeze Coffee Mix
- 1 tablespoon of Nescafe Tasters Choice Gourmet Roast Coffee
- 1-3 tablespoons of Torani Chocolate Sauce depending on your taste preferences.
- Mix it all up in the blender and enjoy!
Notes from Robert
First I use ice cubes that are really small. You should be able to buy these at local stores like Fred Meyer, Target, etc. This is important because if you use large cubes, you will have a lot more chunks in your drink and you won’t be able to use as much ice as the blender won’t break it up enough. Prior to getting these trays I did it with just 5 regular size ice cubes, as any more really mucked up the blender.
Also, I use an Oster Fusion blender that I bought at Costco for less than $50. It has a setting for iced drinks. You need to have a blender that has a setting like this, as it will give you better results. It actually varies the blend speed at several different times during the blending. Several companies make them. If you have unlimited budget, BlendTec makes world class blenders that are used in Starbucks, etc worldwide. But a “consumer” version will set you back $400, so check out Costco for a much cheaper alternative!
Here are the best sources I have found for the ingredients:
- Caffe D’Amore Mocha Frappe Freeze Coffee Mix – This can be found at MOST Costco’s in a 2.3 lb package for under $9. It yields about 90 servings. It is not available at the Medford Costco, but it is at just about every other one in the state. I load up every time I go north.
- Nescafe Tasters Choice Gourmet Roast Coffee – Target has the best price I have ever seen. About $7 for a large container that 60-70 servings (at least). It is on sale right now for slightly more than $6.
- Torani Chocolate Sauce – While you can buy this at Winco and many other stores, the best price I have found is at United Grocer’s Cash & Carry. 64 oz is about $10. They also have sugar free. This is the same chocolate sauce that Dutch Bros uses. Torani also makes a sugar free version of the same sauce.