Father’s Day seems to have snuck up on me this year. Maybe it’s because I was out of town last week. Or maybe it’s because public school in our town is getting out a week later than usual. Whatever the reason, Father’s Day is this Sunday, and it’s coming whether I’m ready or not.
Usually my advice for Father’s Day gifts is to make something special, but I can guarantee I won’t have time for that this week. My brother is visiting from out of town, so my free time is limited. Never fear, though! If you’re in the same boat I am this week, there are some great inexpensive Father’s Day gifts out there for every man. Here are a few I’ve come up with.
1. For the Safety Minded Dad – Justin Case Travel Pro Emergency Road Kit. This 66 piece roadside emergency kit comes equipped with booster cables, a flashlight, first aid supplies, Gunk tire repair, and more! It’s all packed in a sturdy canvas case, complete with a velcro strip on the bottom, so it won’t slide around in your man’s car. An added bonus is a membership registration card, which entitles the member to three service calls (up to a maximum of $60 per call) for non accident related incidents, such as a tire change or towing. That alone makes this a great value! Walmart (in store), $19.
2. For the Sports Minded Dad – Wilson NCAA Premium Edition Game Ball. Perfect for pick up basketball games in the driveway or at the park, this quality basketball is sure to provide hours of game time. Let dad bond with the kids by shooting some hoops. Dick’s Sporting Goods (online and in store), $19.98.
3. For the Intellectual Dad – The Council of Dads by Bruce Feiler. I can’t think of a better book for Father’s Day than a book about being a dad, written by a dad. The Council of Dads was written by Bruce Feiler, after he was diagnosed with cancer. The book chronicles his reaction to his illness and his plan to bring other men into the lives of his daughters, should the worst happen. I’ve not read this myself, but it has good reviews from men who like to read. Amazon, $15.63.
4. For the Car Fanatic Dad – Carrand Power Wash Wand with Bonus. This sturdy little car wash wand makes buckets of water and rags a thing of the past, when it comes to washing the car at home. Just add soap to the soap compartment and spray away. Once the car is soaped up, switch the setting and rinse. Comes with a bonus three-way nozzle. The ease of use will make washing the car at home a breeze! Walmart (in store), $15.
5. For the Grillin’ Dad – Craftsman Barbecue Tool Set. What could be better than mixing grilling with Craftsman? This tool set comes with a brush, fork, turner, and tongs, all with craftsman tool handles. On sale through June 20. Sears (in store), $19.99.
6. For the Fashion Conscious Dad – St. John’s Bay Interlock Polo. This 100% cotton polo shirt from JCPenney comes in a variety of solid and striped colors. There’s sure to be a color the dad in your life loves. Polo shirts are versatile and can be worn to the office on casual Fridays, to church, and to the multitude of barbecues that take place over the summer. JCPenney (online and in store), $9.99.
7. For the Camping Dad – Texsport La Paz Hammock. This lightweight hammock is perfect for taking on weekend camping trips. Made of sturdy material, it comes with a pouch for storage and transport. This one-person hammock holds up to 300 lbs. Amazon, $19.06.
8. For the Coffee-Lovin’ Dad – Blue Madrona Tumbler by Starbucks. If your dad loves coffee, he never needs to be without it again! After frugally brewing his coffee at home, he can pour it into this handsome blue tumbler from Starbucks. The flip top lid keeps spills to a minimum, and the tumbler fits most car cup-holders. Starbucks, $16.95.
9. For the Rock ‘n’ Rolllin’ Dad – Eagles: The Very Best Of. This two CD set contains 33 of the Eagles’ most popular songs. Tracks include Hotel California, Life in the Fast Lane, Get Over It, and Desperado. This is a great gift for any Eagles Fan. Amazon, $14.97.
10. For the Kid at Heart Dad – Mini Apache Remote Control Helicopter. This remote control helicopter has a range of 80 feet and a flight time of 8-10 minutes. It comes equipped with a hobby style collapsible blade system, LED strobe lights, and 4 replaceable blades. The sales price is good through June 15, so you’ll have to hurry on this one. JCPenney (online or in store), $19.99.
I am a participant in the Walmart Moms program. Walmart provided me with a gift card in exchange for this post. Participation in this program is voluntary. As always, all opinions are my own.