In many areas of the country, the weather is beginning to warm up. The temperatures are nice, but not stifling, and it’s the perfect time for getting outdoors. If you’re looking for some frugal outdoor activities, here are a few that come to mind.
- Camp out in a tent in the back yard.
- Read to your children under a tree.
- Take a nature walk around the neighborhood. See how many different kinds of flowers, bugs, and animals you can find.
- Play an old fashioned game of Hide ‘n’ Go Seek.
- Go to the park.
- Ride bikes, scooters, or roller skate.
- If it’s hot enough, turn on the sprinklers and let the kids run through them.
And for the adults…
Sit out on the deck with a good cup of coffee or a glass of wine and just talk to your spouse. It’s like a mini-date after the kids are in bed. Just make sure you break out the citronella candles! I’m paying for my mini-date with mosquito bites up and down my legs.
What are your favorite things to do when the weather warms up?
Photo by Nicholas_T.