In many areas of the country, the weather is beginning to warm up. The temperatures are nice, but not stifling, and it’s the perfect time for getting outdoors. If you’re looking for some frugal outdoor activities, here are a few that come to mind.
- Camp out in a tent in the back yard.
- Read to your children under a tree.
- Take a nature walk around the neighborhood. See how many different kinds of flowers, bugs, and animals you can find.
- Play an old fashioned game of Hide ‘n’ Go Seek.
- Go to the park.
- Ride bikes, scooters, or roller skate.
- If it’s hot enough, turn on the sprinklers and let the kids run through them.
And for the adults…
Sit out on the deck with a good cup of coffee or a glass of wine and just talk to your spouse. It’s like a mini-date after the kids are in bed. Just make sure you break out the citronella candles! I’m paying for my mini-date with mosquito bites up and down my legs.
What are your favorite things to do when the weather warms up?
Photo by Nicholas_T.
It’s the perfect weather for us right now in Virginia. We don’t have snake in our area, but there are some deers and foxes…and a lot of birds. It’s nice right now because in a few more weeks, mosquitoes will start to come out making outdoor activities a little less pleasant.
Snake bites are pretty high in our area of central Texas right now, so when I read this post I immediately thought “8 Ways to Get Bit by a Snake.”
Just a heads up for those enjoying the great ideas you listed.