10 Part Time Jobs with Benefits
Health insurance is a touchy subject these days. It’s expensive and often not available unless you work full time for a company. Is there any hope for people who neither need nor want to work part time? The answer is yes, if you work for the right employer. Believe it or not, there are still employers who offer benefits to part time employees.
If you’re looking for a part time job and need benefits, you might want to apply at one of the following companies.
- Starbucks - This coffee roaster, based in Seattle, offers their Special Blend of benefits to employees who work at least 20 hours a week. These benefits include basics, such as health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as extras, such as adoption assistance, tuition assistance, and commuter benefits.
- Costco – This warehouse retailer also offers benefits to employees who work 20 hours a week. Health, dental, vision, prescription drug, and other benefits are available to part time employees.
- Target – Benefits for part time employees at Target are based on hours worked and position. All benefit packages include health, dental, and vision insurance. They also offer a flexible spending account for health care.
- Bank of America – Part timers at Bank of America are offered the same benefits as full time employees. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a flexible spending account.
- JP Morgan Chase – Employees working 20 hours a week are eligible for benefits at JP Morgan Chase. In addition to health, dental, and vision insurance, the financial institution offers adoption assistance, eldercare programs, and backup childcare options.
- REI - REI is a great place to work for part time employees. Those working at least 20 hours a week are entitled to the same benefits as full time employees. Those who work fewer hours, as well as seasonal employees, can get 60% of their health insurance paid by their employer.
- Lowe’s - All regular part time employees at Lowe’s are entitled to benefits, including a limited benefit health care plan, life insurance, vision, dental, and short term disability insurance.
- Land’s End – This popular clothing store offers a slew of benefits to it’s part time employees. In addition to health, dental, and vision insurance, Land’s End offers an onsite medical clinic, backup childcare, and a retirement plan complete with a company match.
- UPS – If you are a part time employee at UPS, you are entitled to a variety of insurance options, including health, dental, and vision. In addition, part time are eligible to take advantage of the UPS Earn and Learn Program, which provides tuition assistance.
- Walmart - Part time benefits at Walmart vary. According to a source at Walmart, “Part time associates who meet Walmart’s eligibility requirements are eligible to enroll themselves and their families in Walmart’s comprehensive benefits plans. Part time eligibility varies, based on the associate’s hire date and number of hours worked.” According to ABC News , Walmart associates who work more than 24 hours a week are eligible for benefits.
Though it may be difficult to find a part time job with benefits, there are jobs out there. You just need to know where to apply!
Do you have a part time job with benefits? If so, where do you work? Do you know of other companies that offer benefits to part timers? If so, please share!
Photo by zoonabar.
If you like this article, please sign up for free weekly email updates.
Disclaimer and Legal Mumbo Jumbo
I'm just an average mom, trying to live a frugal life and get out of debt. I write about things that have (and haven't) worked to improve my family's financial situation. What works for me may or may not work for you, and you should always consult a financial advisor before making important financial decisions.
In accordance with FTC guidelines, I state that I have a financial relationship with companies mentioned in this website. This may include receiving access to free products and services for product and service reviews and giveaways.
Any references to third party products, rates, or websites are subject to change without notice. I do my best to maintain current information, but due to the rapidly changing environment, some information may have changed since it was published. Please do the appropriate research before participating in any third party offers.